Market Manager & Contact: Jimmy Wendorf, RSVP Director, 319-372-7700 x 201
Central Park offers amazing ambiance, where the market has been held in years past. It is shaded, centrally located, offers plenty of room for vendors, a picturesque gazebo and a quaint Victorian ambiance. Located less than a block away from the historic shopping district, the Farmers Market is a great place to try local and regional produce, eggs, meats, and even artisanal items such as soaps!
In 2012, the vendors are:
- Sue & Dean Maebus (fresh produce, meat)**
- Heartland Harvest (Wines and specialty mixes)
- Karen VanBrocklin (fresh produce, flowers)*
- Sore Thumb Produce (fresh produce)**
- Sweet Home Ranch (homemade soaps)**
- Cynthia Browning (fresh produce)**
- Deborah Whitaker (fresh produce)
- Patty Cosby (fresh produce)
- Lydia Kemper (Iowa City Salad Master)
- Sue Umthun (fudge)
- Amy Doherty (produce, baked goods and crafts)
- Appleberry Orchard (baked goods)
- Lights, Camera, Action (lemonade & popcorn)
* accepts credit/debit cards
** accepts WIC
Click here to see a 2011 article that featured a photo of our Farmers’ Market!
Interested in becoming a vendor?
We try to encourage our vendors to participate in the state and federal nutrition programs by becoming a certified vendor, including SNAP and WIC, as well as offer services that allow for individuals to use their debit and credit cards.
There are many companies out there that offer new technologies, such as squareup.com, where you can use your smartphone for transactions. Please visit www.squareup.com for more information.
A copy of our rules and regulations, as well as the vendor agreement, is available for download:
All vendors are individually responsible for all permits and following codes set by the Lee County Health Department. You may call them at 319-372-5225 or visit them online for more information.